Apple Sports Watch terms and conditions
The University of Queensland (UQ) (through its Faculty of Science) is conducting a prize draw (Promotion) in conjunction with its role as a sponsor of the 2016 World Science Festival Brisbane. The terms and conditions for the Promotion are set out below.
1. ENTRY PERIOD: The entry period (Entry Period) for entry into the Promotion commences at 9am (Queensland time) on Monday 22 February 2016 and closes at 5pm (Queensland time) on Friday 18 March 2016.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter the Promotion a person must:-
(a) be a Queensland resident (other than a UQ employee working in the office of the Executive Dean of UQ’s Faculty of Science at the time of the prize draw or a member of the immediate family of such an employee);
(b) submit an entry into the Promotion within the Entry Period and in the manner specified below.
UQ will have the right to exclude from the prize draw entries which do not meet those eligibility requirements. Entrants, in entering the Promotion, warrant that they are an eligible entrant.
3. METHOD OF ENTRY: Eligible entrants wishing to enter the Promotion must, within the Entry Period, enter their name and contact details (including residential address and e-mail address) on UQ’s World Science Festival Brisbane website (https://world-science-festival.event.uq.edu.au) (Website) in the place on that website identified for that purpose.
4. LIMIT ON ENTRIES: One entry per eligible person is permitted. Multiple entries by an eligible person are not permitted. UQ has the right to exclude any multiple entries received from the prize draw.
5. PRIZE DRAW DATE: The prize draw will occur on Tuesday 22 March 2016.
6. PRIZE: The winning prize is one Apple Watch Sport (38mm Space Grey Aluminium Case and Black Sport Band) valued at AUS$499.00 including GST. The prize cannot be exchanged for cash or other products or otherwise.
7. RANDOM SELECTION: Winners will be chosen through a random draw.
8. NOTIFICATION OF WINNER: The winner will be notified via e-mail sent to the winning entrant’s e-mail address provided in the winning entrant’s contact details (see “Method of Entry” above with regard to the provision of contact details).
9. COLLECTION OF PRIZE:-
(a) The prize may be collected by the winner in person from Building 69, Level 3, on UQ’s St. Lucia campus or arrangements made for mailing the prize to the winner via registered post. Further details in relation to prize collection will be provided in the e-mail notifying the winner of his/her win.
(b) UQ reserves the right to satisfy itself that the winner was an eligible entrant (e.g. require evidence of residency) and to satisfy itself on the identity of any person claiming to be the winning entrant prior to handing over the prize. If not satisfied on either count it reserves the right to conduct a redraw for the prize.
10. UNCLAIMED PRIZE DRAW: Any prize which remain unclaimed 1 month after the prize draw will be forfeited and an unclaimed prize draw will be held for the unclaimed prize on Friday 6 May 2016. That draw will be held from eligible entries into the initial draw and the same method of random selection will be used. The same method of notification of winners will also be adopted.
11. PUBLICITY: Entrants consent to their name being published on the Website for promotional purposes relating to the Promotion. Entrants also consent to being identified on the Website as the winning entrant should their entry be the prize winning entry.
12. PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY: UQ complies with Queensland privacy laws and guidelines. UQ only collects, stores, uses and discloses personal information in accordance with Policy 1.60.02 Privacy Management, found at https://ppl.app.uq.edu.au/content/1.60.02-privacy-management. UQ regards all information collected as confidential. Information supplied by you will only be used for the administrative or educational purposes of the University.